[iframe style=”border:none” src=”//html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/10952222/height/100/width//thumbnail/no/render-playlist/no/theme/custom/tdest_id/865976/custom-color/87A93A” height=”100″ width=”100%” scrolling=”no” allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen]
Sam Radocchia is back for her second appearance on the podcast in today’s episode. She is part of the Chronicled team, a company which builds blockchain protocols for supply chain management in the pharmaceutical industry.
Because of the misinformation that exists in the blockchain space, Sam wrote the book Bitcoin Pizza to educate newcomers about it. She says that writing this book was one of the hardest things she has ever done. We hear about an interesting method that Sam used to write some parts of her book. While Bitcoin is ever-changing, Sam discusses how she attempted to write Bitcoin Pizza as a timeless piece that focused on culture. This means that there are several Bitcoin cultural references in the book, and Sam shares a few with us. With privacy concerns on the internet growing, a conversation begins about how blockchain can help with big data. Aside from her book, Sam knows a lot of good blockchain informational resources which she shares. Bitcoin Pizza presents insight on the different segments of people involved in the space, so Sam provides a brief overview of some. Sam then discusses the benefits of meeting up with like-minded cryptocurrency users.
– Sam’s background and how Chronicled has grown.
– Reasons why Sam wrote Bitcoin Pizza.
– The difficult process of writing the book after blogging for so many years.
– Intimidation that some people feel when entering the cryptocurrency space.
– The different feelings of publishing something on the internet versus publishing a book.
– Headings used in the book and some sneak peeks.
– The story behind the name Bitcoin Pizza.
– Reliving the internet’s past with Bitcoin.
– Dangers of automation and false data.
– Resources that Sam recommends learning about cryptocurrency from.
– A live directory that Sam is working on.
– The Twitter culture surrounding blockchain.
– How Sam’s attitude of storing cryptocurrency has evolved.
Links to Resources:
Buy Sam’s Book, Bitcoin Pizza, on Amazon: https://amzn.to/2YnJ3GL
Bitcoin Pizza: https://samantharadocchia.com/bitcoin-pizza-book
The Collective Future: http://collectivefuture.io/
Sam on Twitter: https://twitter.com/samradofficial
The Bitcoin Standard: https://www.amazon.com/Bitcoin-Standard-Decentralized-Alternative-Central/dp/1119473861
Debt: The First 5,000 Years: https://www.amazon.com/Debt-First-5-000-Years/dp/1612191290