Episode 112: Taylor Monahan (CEO and founder of My Crypto)
On the Challenges of Building a Massively Successful
Crypto Business from the Ground Up
Taylor Monahan is the CEO and founder of My Crypto. She was one of the minds behind MyEtherWallet.com, a site built out of personal need, which quickly exploded in popularity, playing an integral role in the Ethereum ecosystem, making it easy to interact with the blockchain.
In this episode, Taylor shares what it was like growing into a CEO, the challenges of scaling to keep up with massive growth, 2018 plans for My Crypto, and advice for newcomers to crypto.
– The story of starting MyEtherWallet and the challenges of scaling to keep up with exponential growth.
– Security advantages and disadvantages of crypto and blockchain technology, such as understanding that a user is solely responsible for their private keys.
– Recommended first steps for newcomers wanting to get into crypto.
– My Crypto’s business model and plans for 2018.
– What Taylor’s past year looked like from a personal development standpoint.
– Breaking free of the traditional way of thinking to finally enter the world of crypto.
– What Taylor is learning as a new CEO.
– Taylor’s experience as a woman in the blockchain and crypto community.