Click Here To Listen!
In today’s episode, Nikki Del Principe is joined by Tram Vo. Tram is Founder and COO of MOBI (Mobility Open Blockchain Initiative), a company dedicated to improving and supporting the development of an efficient digital, multi-sided mobility marketplace. With a varied background in academics and non-profit, Tram came to blockchain in 2015 when she and her husband began to consider the possibilities of tracking and tracing using the nascent technology. In 2018, MOBI was founded and Tram began her mission to build the new economy of movement while utilizing blockchain to create greener cities. We hear how Tram left her position at the Getty Conservation Institute to create MOBI and the company’s mission to establish standards for the mobility space. We learn how blockchain, along with a convergence of other technologies, can create security for data and the importance of seamless background processes. Tram goes on to discuss how COVID-19 has impacted the digitization of cities and how MOBI is contributing to the mitigation of carbon emissions in mobility.
– How Tram’s varied background led her to the blockchain space
– The importance of tracking and tracing
– Building the new economy of movement and what that means
– Creating standards for a decentralized mobility ecosystem
– How a convergence of technologies, including blockchain and AI, can create more secure systems
– Impacts of COVID-19 on cities now and in the future
– Increasing digitization and smart contracts post-COVID
– How MOBI hopes to help mitigate carbon emissions in mobility
– Explaining the importance of digital ID for an effective mobility system
– What is on the horizon for MOBI
– Tram’s predictions for the future of blockchain and crypto