Episode 111: Matt Leising of Bloomberg On What It’s Like To
Watch The Ever-Changing Crypto Market
Matt Leising is a Market Structure Reporter who covers blockchain and cryptocurrencies for Bloomberg. Having his finger on the pulse of blockchain and crypto, Matt offers some great insights into the market, the relationship between crypto and the traditional financial market, why banks are interested in blockchain, and more.
– Realizing that blockchain technology could change everything.
– Why and when Wall Street started paying attention to blockchain and crypto.
– How blockchain can help banks and traditional financial markets.
– Why the traditional financial world started warming up to crypto after initially not wanting to be involved.
– Similarities between crypto markets and traditional markets.
– A big reason why crypto won’t go away.
– Model of how applications based on blockchain would work and how the company/developers would earn money.
– Massive amounts of money in the crypto world chasing gains and funding nonsense ideas.
– Will fiat go digital?
– Infrastructure needed for crypto to go mainstream.
– Responsibility as a crypto reporter who can affect the market.