Episode 116: Jalak Jobanputra And What It’s Like To Be A Woman In Blockchain
Jalak Jobanputra is Founding Partner of Future/Perfect Ventures, an early stage venture capital fund in NYC focused on next-generation technology such as blockchain and machine learning. Prior to starting the fun, Jalak’s career included lots of experience with tech, communications, and investing.
When Jalak originally began investing in blockchain projects, she was met with skepticism from many. Bitcoin had been associated with Silk Road and cybercrime, the market wasn’t looking great, and Jalak was one of few investors who saw its potential. In this episode, Jalak shares some of the early projects she invested in, what their second fund is looking to invest in, and what they look for when deciding which companies to fund.
– How Jalak became interested in the crypto space.
– What it was like being one of the first early-stage investors to fund blockchain projects.
– What Future/Perfect is looking to invest in now, and what they look for when deciding what to invest in.
– Important things for entrepreneurs to know who are looking to get into the blockchain/crypto space.
– Weekend for women in blockchain.
– Recommendations for people looking to get started in crypto.
Links for resources mentioned: